This is your reminder that you *DON'T* have to jump on board with every home design trend you see — especially if you don’t love it.
Way more important than what’s trending is that your home reflects your style AND lifestyle. (And let’s be honest, who has the time or the budget to change things up every time a trend comes along?)
That said, there are a few styles I’m loving this spring in homes and on store shelves. Here are a few that caught my eye that would be easy-peasy to fold into your home if the mood strikes:
1) Curves everywhere - Think rounded furniture, wall decor, lighting, and other curved home accents. Rounded walls and archways are also making a comeback in new construction.
2) Imagine your grandmother living at the beach, and you get the “Coastal Grandmother” vibe. Vintage textiles, natural materials, and a touch of whimsy add a cozy and inviting feel, just like Grandma’s.
3) Anything and everything from nature, only inside. Known as “biophilic design,” this trend maximizes sunlight and brings in plants, natural fibers, and images of animals and nature.
4) Bold paint colors: Boring neutrals are out, and color is in, showing up all over the place, from entire rooms to statement walls and accents.
5) Handmade elements: Ceramics, pottery, and macrame are hot right now in home design, bringing a personal touch to any space and celebrating the beauty of craftsmanship.
Have you struggled to keep up with the flood of home design trends? My advice? Pick one you love and give it a try. You don’t have to go all out or break the bank to keep your home fresh, updated, and perfectly you.
Our focus is on assisting residential buyers & sellers in every price point while specializing in listing and selling new construction & luxury properties. We are an amazing team of over 65 agents whose footprint covers Greater Boston and Rhode Island.